People who get involved with Future Focus Foundation play a powerful role in enhancing the well-being of their communities. Whether as a donor, a volunteer or an employee, you can contribute to building better communities.
We believe in helping our youngest citizens succeed through education and opportunity.
- Morally, Canada has a responsibility to meet its obligations to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child. But more than a quarter of Canadian children start kindergarten without the skills they need to succeed in school.
- Socially, our communities are changing. In the last 20 years, the percentage of mothers in the workforce with children under six has risen from 20% to over 70%, but investments to support early human development have not kept pace.
- Future Focus has the opportunity and capability to take a leadership role in identifying and addressing the improvement opportunities that aren’t being funded. Future Focus cannot build or maintain the infrastructure of the charitable sector alone nor can it replace reduced government funding for service delivery. Future Focus maximizes its limited resources to make strategic investments that lever larger public and private sector investments.
- Future Focus has access to reliable capital that isn’t constrained by the regular business or government cycles that sometimes hinder other groups. That means we can take advantage of opportunities and ideas to invest in ideas with great potential and be patient enough to see them succeed.
- Future Focus works on projects with other philanthropic organizations, making it easier to mobilize community resources.